MZA is a growing boutique architectural design firm with offices located in Bellevue, Washington and Shanghai, China. We are committed to delivering quality documents, outstanding design, and innovation at all levels. We provide opportunities for professional growth, a voice in the operation of an award-winning design firm, and exposure to all aspects of professional practice.
MZA is seeking a Project Architect in our Bellevue office with experience in any or all of the following markets: Commercial Mixed-Use, Multi-Family Residential, and Hospitality, including high-rise, mid-rise, and low-rise buildings of concrete, steel, and/or wood frame construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the technical design implementation and delivery of each assigned project.
- Contributing actively in supporting the design framework of projects as part of a team.
- Collaborating across disciplines to ensure well-coordinated and designed projects, including lead project consultant design coordination meetings.
- Exhibiting an excellent understanding of the design philosophy of projects and client needs, then relating assigned tasks to that philosophy.
- Develops respect and strong working relationships with co-workers and firm leaders.
- Participate in multiple jobs simultaneously
- Reconcile the goals and priorities of MZA with those of our clients while fostering opportunities for design and technical excellence.
- Coordination with local jurisdictions for Land Use and Building Permit approvals.
- On-site construction observation including processing of RFI’s, change orders, and payment applications.
- Forming lasting relationships with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Takes responsibility for their work and its outcomes
- Demonstrates diligence and commitment to their role and responsibilities
- Professional Degree in architecture (master’s preferred)
- Licensed Architect or in the process of obtaining licensure.
- 7 years or more of experience developing construction document drawings for a variety of project types.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design, exterior skin detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques and costs.
- Must be organized, careful and adept at multi-tasking. The position requires collaboration and a commitment to quality and risk management.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Experience leading, mentoring and coordinating project teams
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
- LEED or Well Certification a plus.
- Proven knowledge of general architecture practice including schematic design, design development, construction documents, construction administration
Please submit your letter of interest, resume, and samples of work to: Kevin Sutton, at email@example.com